Monday, January 31, 2011

John Mayer


John Mayer sings "Gravity" in the background.

In the forground, Tyler and Maija start bickering.

"It's not Mader, it's John May-er" Tyler, Mr. Always right, says.

"NO, it's MADER!" Maija emphatically insists.

Here's the thing...if I were to weigh in on these topics simply to be the tie breaker, it would always be a lose-lose situation, because I'd be reinforcing Ty's know-it-all-ness which I REALLY don't need more of and I'd be highlighting the fact that Maija's wrong (which from an outsiders perspective...she always is).

So what do I say?

"Guys, it's more important to be kind and loving than to have to be right about something...

I know that you both have a different opinion or perspective on how you say John's last name, and what I'm saying is that it's OKAY to let the other person think something different than you. (I can't resist the recap) It's more important to be kind and loving than to have to be right about something. Okay?"

I check to see if they're on board with my alternate answer.

"Okay," they both agree.

Can't we just all get along?

Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment